Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Check This Out!

Check this out:


http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/interbike-gt-causing-a-ruckus-in-2010-23449



It shows the awesome looking 2010 GT Ruckus. That is one awesome looking bike. Once of the cooler things is the Truvativ HammerSchmidt FR transmission. I recently sampled a bike with the HammerSchmidt transmission at is was amazingly cool. It basically gives you the benefit/simplicity of a single chain ring up front but the benefit of two rings. You can shift while pedaling or not pedaling or pedaling backwards and it doesn't matter, it still shifts. Freaking cool. So you get to use less chain, less chance for mis-shifts and better chain line. All good things. I guess the only down side is that it is heavier, so not really applicable for cross country. But speaking of cross country I recently also got to try SRAM's new 2x10 XX drivetrain. It is the new two ring set up in front with 10 gears in back. I was super impressed. It has a ton of gears but shifts with authority. The front shift was especially positive and fast. I think it offers a true performance advantage, and I would love to race it next season if the opportunity presents itself. I guess we'll see.

If you get a change surf on over to the GT website:

http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa/eng/

All the 2010 bikes are up and they look great. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment