Wednesday, April 29, 2009

White Cycling Shoes

I've been thinking about white cycling shoes lately. For some reason I have become obsessed. This is slightly embarasing to me, so of course I have decided to share. Interesting in that I don't really like white shoes in other contexts, but somehow on the bike that look awesome. I have come to decide that white mountain bike shoes would look great with the GT Dirt Coaltition kit. I realize they are probably multiple sound arguments against white mountain bike shoes, but I won't hear them. I mean come on, what would rocket up a hill faster then a GT Marathon carbon then white shoes?

The main stumbling block is price and fit. They pair that springs to mind is the Sidi Dragon SRS that is available in white, but they are spendy and I don't know how they fit. I know you can get Rocket 7 in white with black stripe, but man, they are even more spendy. There must be some other option, but I don't know it....................we shall see.

I found out last week that I have qualified for the 2009 USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships scheduled for July 16-19, 2009 at Sol Vista Basin in Granby, CO. That is some cool news. I have never been to Granby, Colorado, but I think July will be a fine time to visit. Living in Tucson does not prepare one to race at altitude, but never-the-less it should be worth the trip. I'm sure many other Dirt Coalition members will be there.

Unfortunately over the past week I have had to cut my riding back a bit. It is starting to get hot here in the old pueblo and I have been feeling low energy. Figured it was time to cut back a bit and recover. There is another MBAA (Mountain Bike Association of Arizona www.mbaa.net) race upcome this weekend up in north-central Arizona. I have never ridden this particular course, but I hope it is fun.

Take care and have fun riding!

1 comment: