Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Race


The new bike arrived last week. I chose the GT Marathon Carbon. It is awesome. I have had it out for several multi-hour rides and it is going really well. The suspension works very well and is smooth and fast. I am excited to see how it will be at the first race this weekend. The venue is up in Prescott Arizona and should be pretty fun. It looks like the weather might be rainy, so that will be even more fun. It so rarely rains in Arizona and I have never been to a bike race where it has rained, so that would be cool. Hopefully the bike sheds mud well.


Back to the bike. I am a little surprised the reveiws haven't been more over-the-top enthused. I have ridden a lot of high-end full suspension designs, and this one works really well. In fact it is the best full-suspension bike I have been on. It works so well that is just makes you feel fast and smooth, not bouncy. I'm very happy with it.


Hopefully the race will go well this Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Colby
    Is that a Stan's wheel on the front of your bike? If so what is your experience with these wheels?
    I hope the Prescott race went well. Looking forward to your story.
    I used to live in Scottsdale for years and did many MBAA races..

    ReplyDelete